Hacker Career Advice
Valentine’s Day isn’t about roses, chocolate, or candlelit dinners. It’s about celebrating love. And the most important love of all, is the love you give yourself.
I’m talking about self-care. If you don’t feel 💯, you can’t give 💯 at work or at home.
Here are a few things that help our team find the love within:
- Cooking something delicious (Richard)
- Taking a walk without headphones (Robin)
- Going to a kickboxing class (Stef)
- Re-reading a great book (Brandon)
- git stash && shutdown -r now (Matt)
- Dance-walking home to Tina Turner records (OK, this one’s mine)
- Volunteering (Velizar)
Whatever you do, relax, reflect, and accept yourself.
To quote the immortal Brian May:
“I was told a million times of all the troubles in my way. Mind you grow a little wiser, little better every day…Keep yourself alive!”